Join us in Florence this summer for an adventure of a lifetime! You will be inspired by the beauty of Tuscany and its cultural capital, a living museum holding the world’s greatest treasures from the Renaissance era, a city of elegance, history and art.
You will live in upscale, comfortable student apartments, in the very center of the city. You’ll be just a short walk from the Piazza del Duomo, the heart and soul of Florence, right by the Piazza della Santissima Annunziata. The apartments have living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and 2-3 bedrooms. Each bedroom is shared by two students with staff members housed in a separate apartment down the hall.
Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus in Florence: a major and an elective. Major classes meet every morning, Monday through Friday, while electives meet three afternoons a week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Electives and Workshops: Fine Art & Drawing, Philosophy, Photography, Fashion Design, Italian language, Tuscan Cuisine, Art History & Architecture.
In addition to showing you all of the most celebrated and “lesser known” cultural sites in Florence, the program allows you to explore cities outside Florence and throughout Tuscany each week. From hiking along the cliffs on the Italian Riviera, to following in the footsteps (and postures) of millions as you “lean” in front of the tower in Pisa, you and your new friends will be able to explore some of the legendary sites that make Italy one of the most visited countries in all of Europe.
- Live in upscale, spacious student apartments in the historical center of Florence
- Enjoy fresh authentic food prepared by our culinary staff and local chefs
- Learn in a fun, interactive way, outside of the classroom (through our Experiential Learning Method!)
- Be a savvy, sophisticated traveler; go above and beyond the standard tourist checklist
- Meet local Italian youth and make friends from all over the world
- Included trips to Venice, Verona, Milan, Siena, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Lucca, San Gimignano, Viareggio and more
- All-inclusive 2, 3 or 4 week sessions
- Admiring the legendary Renaissance masterpieces at the Uffizi, Bargello, Palazzo Pitti, Palazzo Medici and countless other Florentine museums
- Sketching Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria dell’Accademia as part of the art class taught by our faculty
- An evening soccer match in Piazzale Michelangelo
- Iron Chef culinary competition at our residence judged by the staff
- Sketching Florentine life in Piazza Santa Croce
- Fashion workshop with Italian fashion designers
- Studying and discussing philosophy in the Piazza del Duomo while enjoying Gelato